The LatinAmerican Mission Program (LAMP) welcomes Ryan MacRae back to PEI and to the Diocese after a19-month challenging mission to the Dominican Republic (DR). His first challenge in early 2018 was learning Spanish. His co-workers in the DR talk about the speed with which he became proficient. Ryan proved to be resilient as well in his capacity to capture some of the essence of Dominican culture. He formed friendships with groups which are dedicated to community engagement in issues of social justice which affect the majority of the population in that country.
Search your topic
- Do your kids accuse you of playing favorites?
- Bishop calls for special Bible blessing for Word of God Sunday
- 10 Free places to learn about the Catholic faith
- Listen to Paco Peña’s ‘Misa Flamenca’: A perfect blend of Gypsy and choral music
- Spanish Byzantine monastery unearthed, the first of its kind
- From the Wadi Rum desert to the Red Sea: A trip of biblical proportions
- 15 Saints for adoption
- Prayer for the conversion of a loved one
- Pressuring a Hospice to Kill